Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US
Supporting a $1.3B Heat Pump Brand Through Fully Integrated Marcomm Efforts
What We Did:
- Launched and introduced variable-speed heat pump technology to the U.S. market.
- Supported growth of annual sales from $60 million to over $1.3 billion.
- Built one of the most robust marketing communication programs of any leading HVAC manufacturer in the U.S.
- Established METUS as category leader among B2B audiences through a robust $1 million paid media program.
In 2022, Americans bought more heat pumps than gas furnaces for the first time. Major media outlets devote pages, podcasts and programs to the technology. Policymakers and think tanks with credible plans for reducing carbon emissions unanimously encourage wider heat pump adoption.
The world was different back in 2002 when our team started working with Mitsubishi Electric’s Heating and Air Conditioning Division. Heat pumps were the preferred way to heat and air condition homes and buildings in Asia and Europe, but few Americans had experienced modern, variable-speed heat pumps or commercial Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) systems. At best, people in the U.S. were familiar with inefficient, single-speed heat pumps that failed to heat once outdoor temperatures fell below 40° F.
Over the course of 21 years, and through the client’s 2018 transition to Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US, LMO helped the brand introduce and popularize modern variable-speed heat pumps and VRF technology in the U.S. market. We developed and executed a fully integrated B2B program involving public relations, technical content, paid media and creative expertise. Our efforts elevated the brand to a preferred manufacturer among HVAC contractors and contributed to a significant increase in annual sales: from $60 million to over $1.3 billion.
Timeline: 20+ Years of Growth
- Communications strategy
- Proactive media outreach
- Feature story and commentary pitching
- Press release development and distribution
- Press conferences and events
- Awards program
- Industry conference/trade show publicity
- Media training
- Media monitoring and analysis
- Social media content
- Case studies
- White papers
- Industry intelligence and research
- Policymaker briefs
- Drafting of speeches and talking points
B2B Paid Media
- Print, digital and native ads
- Media partnerships and sponsorships
- Brochure writing and design
- Campaign development
- Video production and development
LMO built one of the most robust marketing communication programs ever for a leading HVAC manufacturer and helped introduce the variable-speed heat pump category in the U.S. The client’s growth and America’s newfound readiness for modern heat pumps speak to our capabilities.
Let LMO tell your story. Email us at [email protected] to get started!
Professional images used on this page are owned by Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US.
1776 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22209